I truly have loved being pregnant, and in the practice of not complaining about it, i thought i’d share some of the lifesavers that have made it a little easier on us all (yes, us!). And, I was totally inspired by miss Katie! In general, I’m a very au naturale sort of person, I do not have a large amount of beauty products in my cabinets—I think i could live with one or two if i was forced! Thankfully i don’t have to!
1. Burts Bees oil: this one gets to go first because i’m absolutely addicted to this stuff. the smell is delicious and not overbearing, it’s not a heavy product so the oil soaks in nicely without leaving a funky layer on. i use it on my hands, belly, feet and cuticles too!
2. Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion: my favorite face lotion. i use it all over and it’s even gentle enough to use as makeup remover (on the eyes too). there’s no strong scent and no funny residue.
3. Origins grapefruit body souffle: a wonderful family member always sets me up with the origins’ gift packs each christmastime and this lotion continues to blow me away. it’s really like a souffle, soft, silky, light but with a gentle, wonderful scent. a little pricey so once i run out, i’m back on the aveeno bandwagon, but meanwhile, this stuff is where it’s at!
4. Aromatherapy sugar scrub: i am a sugar scrub gal. i have tried them all. salt scrub, bead scrubs, seed scrubs and sugar. i have finally landed with sugar. and after spending many a dollar on brands i thought would blow my world, the one that continues to win in the end is from bath & body works, believe it or not! i love the vanilla lavender combo and it scrubs nicely and always leaves me moisturized. i use this on my arms, elbows, belly (for now) and my legs after i shave (it’s a dream i tell you). for the record, in my opinion, this scrub tops (and i’ve tried all of these): sabon, origins, the body shop, alba, st. ives and burts. yup!
5. Aloe Gator lip balm: i’ve been using this brand of lip balm since i was 14 (so about 13 years now! how’s that for brand loyalty?!). it’s extreeeemely moisturizing meaning you don’t have to coat it on over-and-over on your lips (but not waxy), just a few quick swipes and you’re set. the tropical scents are in-credible, but the rest are as well. they really win in the scent department. oh yes, and spf. win.
6. Neosporin! to me, neosporin is like the duct-tape of the beauty/medical world! i use it for everything! and the pain relief edition..even better. hang nail? neosporin. blemish? neosporin. cut? neosporin. dry patch? neosporin. it’s like a cross between my favorite facial lotion and vaseline, but heals things up quickly. i don’t know what i’d do without my multiple tubes of it.
What are some of your beauty lifesavers?